A list of support-related offerings and services available on our Web site.
1. How We Support Our Products
If you own a DAW product that is on the SupportNet Supported Product List, you can obtain toll-free number and/or email technical support directly from Data Access via SupportNet. Please visit the SupportNet page for more information about benefits of the SupportNet plan.
- 30 Days of Free Support for Newly Purchased Product Licenses
All newly purchased (non-upgrade) licenses of Data Access products that are on the Supported Product List receive 30 days of free technical support, starting with the first call. You can receive support directly from Data Access via SupportNet. Please visit the SupportNetpage for more information about the benefits of the SupportNet plan. The 30 days of free support are valid only within one year from the date of purchase.
Data Access Worldwide is committed to its customers for the long run. We allow developers and end users to purchase licenses for older products while upgrade plans for current products, platforms and environments are formulated. We do not provide support for those older products and revisions.
If you are using product that is not on the Supported Product List, you can obtain assistance via several methods:
1. The Data Access Worldwide Professional Services Group offers extended technical support and version upgrade advice and consulting assistance.
2. Free technical help is available through on-line in section 2 of this page, Support Offerings.
There are 2 methods to report suggestions and bugs relating to Data Access Worldwide products:
1. You can submit a bug or suggestion report for any of our current products at any time by using the Support Bug Report form (opens in a new browser window).
2. If you require feedback regarding a bug report, such as a workaround or confirmation that the reported issue is an actual product bug, you must submit the report using the Support Incident Report form (opens in a new browser window). In order to qualify for submitting a support incident, you must be a SupportNet member. If you submit a support incident and that incident turns out to be an actual product bug, the incident will be credited to your SupportNet contract. Please visit the SupportNet page for more information about SupportNet.
Please view our Support Communication Guidelines here.
Support for beta releases of DAW products is available only through the DAW Community Forums, unless the documentation that comes with the beta release specifies otherwise. Typically, a separate forum will be available for each product during a beta release cycle.
2. Support Offerings
All of the links below will open in new windows.
DAW SupportNet offers incident-based toll-free phone and email access to support specialists. View all the details of the SupportNet plan here.
The DAW Professional Services Group (PSG) provides a broad range of consulting services using Data Access Worldwide products. Services include extended technical support, code review, on-site training, small fixed price engagements, and complete project development. View all available consulting services here.
The DAW Technical Knowledge Base has over 1500 articles covering all facets of our products. Code examples and innumerable invaluable tips can be found here.
DAW has a collection of several dozen technical White Papers providing detailed hands-on insight into specific technical issues. View and download the papers that suit your development needs here.
Data Access Worldwide developers make up an extremely helpful and sharing community. The Community Web Forums bring those developers together for peer support. Anyone who develops in Visual DataFlex or DataFlex should make these forums a daily read!
Access all of the Data Access Worldwide Community Forums here.
Notice: The forums are for peer support only. If you require direct assistance from Data Access Worldwide Support Services, please view the information in the SupportNet area.
Training for Data Access Worldwide development products is provided by DAW Authorized Training Centers. Click here to view a list of the Authorized Training Centers near you.
See lists of all current user & developer groups for DAW products here.
Feedback: send email to Data Access Worldwide Technical Support